ANALYSIS AND MODEL TESTS TO DETERMINE FORCES AND MOTIONS OF AN OIL RETENTION BOOM.
A theoretical analysis of the loads and motions of a continuous, elastic, oil retention boom of arbitrary configuration is presented. The boom is subjected to loads of wind, current, and an irregular sea. The analytical method was programmed for computer and used to generate data for a variety of oil booms. Towing tank tests were conducted on selected boom configurations and serve to check the theoretical analysis. ( Author )
Hydronautics, Incorporated7210 Pindel School Road
Laurel, MD United States 20810
- Lindenmuth, W T
- Scherer, J O
- Van Dyke, P
- Publication Date: 1970-1
- Pagination: 267 p.
- Accession Number: 00005993
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TR-948-1( 1 ) Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-93907-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1971 12:00AM