WHAT THE SHIPPER EXPECTS (LUCAS). MARITIME TRANSPORTATION STRATEGIC PLANNING. PROCEEDINGS OF A TRB WORKSHOP, JUNE 5-7, 1991, WASHINGTON, D.C.
This workshop presentation discusses Louis Dreyfus Corporation's expected carrier characteristics. As a bulk shipper, using both inland and ocean-going transportation, Louis Dreyfus Corporation is concerned first with price and second with an acceptable level of performance. Logistics is carefully considered because when you have only price to compete with you must have a seamless, organized, efficient system for quality performance at a quality price.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00978515
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1992-3
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: p. 35-37
- Transportation Research Circular
- Issue Number: 392
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0097-8515
- TRT Terms: Carriers; Logistics; Maritime industry; Performance; Prices; Shipbuilding; Specifications; Strategic planning; Traffic managers; Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirement; Shippers
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00620613
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Mar 31 1992 12:00AM