FOCUS ON MEGATRENDS THAT WILL AFFECT THE MARINE TRANSPORTATION SECTOR. MARITIME TRANSPORTATION STRATEGIC PLANNING. PROCEEDINGS OF A TRB WORKSHOP, JUNE 5-7, 1991, WASHINGTON, D.C.
This workshop presentation examines megatrends that will affect the marine transportation sector. Among these are trends in world trade, shipper demands, market conditions, and the regulatory environment, where the industry is becoming concentrated and major liner companies around the world have diversified.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00978515
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- RANDALL, H
- Publication Date: 1992-3
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: p. 14-16
- Transportation Research Circular
- Issue Number: 392
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0097-8515
- TRT Terms: Demand; International trade; Maritime industry; Markets; Regulation; Shipbuilding; Specifications; Strategic planning; Supply; Traffic managers; Trend (Statistics); Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Change; Market forces; Requirement; Shippers
- Old TRIS Terms: Regulatory environment; World trade
- Subject Areas: Highways; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00620605
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Mar 31 1992 12:00AM