WELCOMING COMMENTS. MARITIME TRANSPORTATION STRATEGIC PLANNING. PROCEEDINGS OF A TRB WORKSHOP, JUNE 5-7, 1991, WASHINGTON, D.C.
These welcoming comments present the two topical questions to be addressed by the workshop: What is the current state of practice of strategic planning within the maritime industry? and What does that snapshot tell us about the future and the critical strategic issues that will be facing the industry as a whole as well as its diverse players? The goal of the workshop is then outlined. The goal is not to obtain a consensus but to provide a wide array of perspectives on issues in the maritime and intermodal sector.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00978515
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Stein-Hudson, K E
- Publication Date: 1992-3
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: p. 10
- Transportation Research Circular
- Issue Number: 392
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0097-8515
- TRT Terms: Intermodal transportation; Maritime industry; Policy; Shipbuilding; Strategic planning; Workshops
- Old TRIS Terms: Future policies
- Subject Areas: Highways; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00620602
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Mar 31 1992 12:00AM