PANEL REPORT: INTERNATIONAL AVIATION. FUTURE AVIATION ACTIVITIES: SEVENTH INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP, SEPTEMBER 12-13, 1991, WASHINGTON, D.C.
The panel on international aviation chose to accept Dr. Behravesh's forecast of 5 to 8% average annual growth in international air travel. Rather than debate the accuracy of this generally accepted growth rate, the panel focused attention on the abilty of international airport and airspace systems to accommodate growth at this pace. The panel addressed the following question: If problems are already apparent in Europe and Asia, what must be done (or what issues must be resolved) to accept the doubling of traffic in the 10 years (more or less) implied by the forecast? The discussion of the ability of airport and air traffic infrastructure to respond to the forecast growth concentrated on three topics: dimensions of the congestion problem; key issues to be managed; and selected influences on demand.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00978515
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Bernstein, G W
- Publication Date: 1992-2
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 32-36
- Monograph Title: FUTURE AVIATION ACTIVITIES: SEVENTH INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP, SEPTEMBER 12-13, 1991, WASHINGTON, D.C.
- Transportation Research Circular
- Issue Number: 390
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0097-8515
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Aviation; Decision making; Demand; Economics; Financing; Globalization; Governments; Infrastructure; International; Management; Operations; Planning; Policy; Private enterprise; Time duration; Traffic congestion; Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Congestion; Long term
- Old TRIS Terms: Management policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Economics; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Society;
- Accession Number: 00619233
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Feb 29 1992 12:00AM