SMALL-PERTURBATION ANALYSIS OF OSCILLATORY TOW-CABLE MOTION
The equations of two-dimensional motion of a flexible inextensible cable are linearized by a small-perturbation approximation and sinusoidal time dependence is assumed. The simplified equations are intergrated numerically by the Kutta-Merson method. Separate computer programs, OMWAY and OMFLO, have been written for the Quadrant 1 and Quadrant 2 cable-towed-body problems; they are listed in the appendixes.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterBethesda, MD United States 20034
- Kerney, K P
- Publication Date: 1971-11
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Cables; Dynamics; Hydrodynamics; Perturbations; Towing devices
- Old TRIS Terms: Cable dynamics; Perturbation problems; Towed body systems; Towing cables; Towline hydrodynamics
- Subject Areas: Design; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00028952
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSRDC-3430 Final Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 10 1972 12:00AM