BRIDGE AESTHETICS. IN: 1991 TAC ANNUAL CONFERENCE, PROCEEDINGS. VOLUME 2. SEPTEMBER 15-16, 1991, WINNIPEG, MANITOBA, CANADA
CONGRES ANNUEL 1991 DE L'ATC, COMPTE RENDU, VOLUME 2. SEPTEMBRE 15-16, 1991, WINNIPEG, MANITOBA, CANADA
The aesthetics of bridges is discussed with particular reference to space control in bridge design. Factors affecting the bridge character and its relationship to the landscape are explored, and the observer's perception of certain aspects of bridge appearance is examined. A wider understanding by bridge engineers of aesthetic form and its importance in developing creative concepts is encouraged.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1895102308
Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)Ottawa, Ontario Canada
- Harvey, D I
- Publication Date: 1992
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Aesthetics; Bridge design; Bridge engineering; Bridges; General surface features of the earth; Spacing; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Landscape
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls;
- Accession Number: 00623463
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 1-895102-30-8
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1992 12:00AM