DESIGN FEATURES OF HIGH-OCCUPANCY VEHICLE LANES
This report presents a summary of the available design guidelnes, characteristics and operating experience of existing high-occupancy vehicle lanes, as well as those proposed, under construction, and no longer in operation. It also presents a summary of desirable and minimum widths of design elements associated with HOV lanes. Signing and marking of HOV lanes and priority entry ramp design considerations were also studied.
- An ITE Informational Report prepared by Technical Council Committee 5C-11, chaired by Timothy J. Lomax.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1992
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Design; High occupancy vehicle lanes; High occupancy vehicles; Road markings; Traffic lanes; Traffic signs
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic marking
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00623017
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: IR-055
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jul 31 1992 12:00AM