TECHNIQUES FOR REDUCING ROADWAY OCCUPANCY DURING ROUTINE MAINTENANCE ACTIVITIES
The objective of this research was to develop procedures for improving the safety of maintenance operations by identifying methods of reducing the time of occupancy of the roadway by maintenance crews during bridge deck repairs, pavement patching, crack and joint sealing, and mudjacking. The report organizes the specific activities into tasks and identifies techniques for accomplishment of each. Procedures are described for organizing and managing maintenance activities to minimize roadway occupany time. Major occupancy time reductions appear to result from elimination of delay time and minimizing traffic control and curing time rather than reduction in work time requirements. /Author/
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00775614
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved. Work was completed with the aid of Byrd, Tallamy, MacDonald & Lewis, Consulting Engineers, Falls Church, Virginia.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1975
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 55 p.
- NCHRP Report
- Issue Number: 161
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0077-5614
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Bridge decks; Concrete curing; Cracking; Highway maintenance; Highways; Joint sealing; Lathes; Patching; Pavements; Repairing; Sealing (Technology); Time; Traffic control; Traffic delays
- Uncontrolled Terms: Occupancy; Repairs
- Old TRIS Terms: Sealing
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00129513
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Prog. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 10 1976 12:00AM