RESEARCH TO REDUCE THE COST OF CALCIUM MAGNESIUM ACETATE. IN: CHEMICAL DEICERS AND THE ENVIRONMENT
This paper reviews the following: (1) some research projects conducted to define and develop a CMA product made by reacting synthetic acetic acid with dolomitic lime and magnesium oxide, (2) fermentation research carried out to lower the cost of acetic acid and CMA, (3) cost estimates to produce CMA, and (4) suggestions for future research and development needed to commercialize a cost-competitive fermentation process to produce CMA.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0873717058
- This book is an outgrowth of the Alternative Deicing Technologies and the Environment Conference convened at Michigan State University on March 25-26, 1991. The editor is Frank M. D'Itri.
Lewis Publishers, Incorporated121 South Main Street, P.O. Drawer 519
Chelsea, MI United States 48118
- Bryan, W L
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Acetic acid; Calcium magnesium acetate; Deicing; Deicing chemicals; Snow and ice control; Sodium chloride
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation; I26: Water Run-off - Freeze-thaw;
- Accession Number: 00621972
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0-87371-705-8
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1992 12:00AM