THE TOLL-RING IN OSLO--PRESENTATION OF A STUDY-PROGRAM AND SOME PRELIMINARY RESULTS. IN: EXPERT MEETING AND SYMPOSIUM ON THE SEMINAR ON FUTURE ROAD TRANSPORT SYSTEMS AND INFRASTRUCTURES IN URBAN AREAS, JUNE 4-6, 1991, CHIBA, JAPAN
The Oslo toll-ring was put into operation on February 1, 1990. This paper briefly describes the background and content of the system. A research program was launched to evaluate possible effects of the toll-ring and peoples' attitudes towards it. The program is described in detail as well as some results concerning general effects on the amount of traffic passing the ring and how users pay. Also includes information on what people feel about the system before and after it was introduced.
- Japanese Ministry of Construction and OECD/Road Transport Research Programme held the Seminar on "Future Road Transport Systems and Infrastructures in Urban Areas" in Chiba, Japan on 4th - 6th June 1991 sponsored by the Japanese Organizing Committee.
Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development2001 L Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Ministry of Construction, Japan2-1-3 Kasumigaseki, 100 Chiyoda-ku
- SOLHEIM, T
- Publication Date: 1991
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Before and after studies; Behavior; Costs; Drivers; Highways; Toll roads
- Geographic Terms: Norway
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00621218
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 1992 12:00AM