WINTER 1991-1992 CRACK AND PATCH SURVEY RESULTS
This report presents winter 1991-1992 crack and patch survey data on Iowa's primary and interstate highway systems. The survey is performed every two years to provide data on the physical signs of deterioration that are occurring on a road segment. The various parameters noted and quantified include Design, Construction, Materials and Maintenance related features. Data concerning cracking, patching, and asphaltic concrete rut depths are used to determine correction values which, when subtracted from the IJK Roadmeter results, yield the Present Serviceability Index for a road segment. Data concerning D-cracking, faulting, concrete rut depths, and asphaltic concrete cracking were also gathered in this survey.
Iowa Department of Transportation800 Lincoln Way
Ames, IA United States 50010
- Jones, K B
- Publication Date: 1992-5
- Pagination: 254 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt concrete; Asphalt pavements; Concrete pavements; Condition surveys; D cracking; Deterioration; Faulting; Patching; Pavement cracking; Primary highways; Rutting; Serviceability
- Identifier Terms: Interstate Highway System
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rut depth; Serviceability Index
- Geographic Terms: Iowa
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces;
- Accession Number: 00623659
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1992 12:00AM