POLICY OF THE IOWA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION HIGHWAY DIVISION FOR ACCOMMODATING UTILITIES ON THE PRIMARY ROAD SYSTEM, REVISED AND IMPLEMENTED MAY, 1992
This publication contains the Iowa Department of Transportation (IDOT) policy for accommodating utilities on the primary road system as revised and implemented in May, 1992, in accordance with Iowa Administrative Code 761 - Chapter 115 (306A). It covers initial placement, adjustment, improvement, relocation, replacement and maintenance of utility facilities in, on, above or below the right-of-way of primary highways, including attachments to primary highway structures. It embodies the basic specifications and standards needed to ensure the safety of the highway user and the integrity of the highway.
- Record URL:
- Summary URL:
Iowa Department of Transportation800 Lincoln Way
Ames, IA United States 50010
- Publication Date: 1992-5
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway safety; Policy; Public utilities; Right of way (Land); Specifications; Standards; State departments of transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Utilities
- Geographic Terms: Iowa
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00623657
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1992 12:00AM