CONSTRUCTION NOISE: SPECIFICATION, CONTROL MEASUREMENT, AND MITIGATION
This report introduces noise as a problem, its effects on man, and Army requirements for the prevention of excessive noise. With this background, sample specifications are prepared to control construction-site noise and the means established to monitor compliance. Measurement of noise at the construction site boundary (according to the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Recommended Practice) is strongly recommended. The specifications are considered economically reasonable at present but should be reviewed periodically as laws and technology change. Special nighttime requirements are consistent with New York City, San Francisco, German Law, and Federal EPA assessments. Information is given on state and local noise regulations and on noise-mitigation techniques.
Army Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryP.O. Box 4005
Champaign, IL USA 61820
- Schomer, P D
- Homans, B
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 81 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction safety; Measurement; Noise control; Regulations; Sound level; Specifications
- Old TRIS Terms: Construction area accidents
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00097781
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 10 1975 12:00AM