HIGH PRIORITY NATIONAL PROGRAM AREA (HPNPA): TRUCK/HIGHWAY SAFETY
A significant amount of current and proposed research will be carried out to provide an improved understanding of the impact of large trucks on highway safety and traffic operations. This pamphlet describes the objective, scope, and background of this truck/highway safety research; summarizes current activities, including research in progress and technology transfer; and outlines plans for future research and technology transfer.
Federal Highway AdministrationTurner-Fairbank Highway Research Center, 6300 Georgetown Pike
McLean, VA United States 22101
- Publication Date: 1989-1
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Future; Heavy vehicles; Highway operations; Highway safety; Impacts; Research; Technology transfer; Traffic; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Future research
- Subject Areas: Design; Education and Training; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I73: Traffic Control; I82: Accidents and Transport Infrastructure; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00623521
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-89-082, HS-041 225
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1992 12:00AM