TEST PROJECT 721314, SMALL SCALE EXPLOSIVE ICEBREAKER, MUSKEGON, MICHIGAN
The project is concerned with utilization of an explosive underwater ice breaking method in the Great Lakes and upper Mississippi River for the primary purpose of clearing sea lines in winter. Adverse impact effects anticipated include the possible effects of the explosions on marine life, noise levels on inhabitants, and gas discharges from the explosions.
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20593
- Publication Date: 1971-11-23
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Deicing; Explosives; Icebreaking; Snow and ice control
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00028943
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 10 1973 12:00AM