The R-46 cars, long awaited by New York subway riders, represent the largest order ever placed for rail passenger cars in the U.S., a total of $214 million for 754 cars. These technologically sophisticated vehicles presented many design and production problems. Introduction of the cars into service was then delayed by problems with the cam control system.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1794668
- Van der Sluys, W
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Control devices; Electric power conditioning; Passenger cars; Passenger comfort; Rapid transit cars; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: New York City Transit Authority
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00129423
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 19 1981 12:00AM