SUBJECTIVE ASSESSMENT OF IN-CAR NOISE IN MOVING PASSENGER VEHICLE. PART 2. THE RELATIONSHIP OF SUBJECTIVE EVALUATION AND NOISE RATINGS
JOYOSHA SOKOJI NO SHA NAI ON NO SHUKAN HYOKA. SONO 1. SHUKAN HYOKA TO SOON HYOKA RYO NO KANKEN
Of late, the amount of research relating to the improvement of the sound quality of interior and exterior passenger car noise appears to be on the increase. This is probably because the improvement of sound quality is linked with increased comfort, and this, in turn enhances product quality. However, in previous research there seem to have been few examples of detailed investigation of the scales used in subjective evaluation, or of studying the results of analytical research based on ratings derived from the SD method and factor analysis, and from that score examining the allocation of ranking in relation to the total number of tested vehicles, or of the investigation of the relationship with LeqA or Zwicker loudness, which are reckoned to have a good correlation in terms of physical noise levels with subjective evaluation. In the frist part of the research the authors examined the means of selecting a scale for the subjective evaluation of car compartment noise. Here, they used the adjective scale which they selected in Part 1 to carry out a subjective evaluation of compartment noise by the SD method. Then they used the principal factor method to carry out a factor analysis and examined the results. Additionally, they also examined the relationship between LeqA or Zwicker loudness and the average SD method score.
- Published in Japan, SAE Autumn Meeting Paper 882120. See also MIRA 91-63.
Motor Industry Research AssociationWatling Street
Nuneaton CV10 0TU, Warwickshire, England
- Takao, H
- HASHIMOTO, T
- Publication Date: 1988
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Loudness; Noise; Noise control; Noise sources; Passenger cars; Passenger comfort; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interior; Subjective analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Exteriors; Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00623165
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MIRA TRANS-91/07
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1992 12:00AM