CONTRACTING FOR URBAN TRANSIT
Mass transit is an essential component of an urban area's transportation system. Although automobiles are an overwhelming choice of most commuters and metropolitan area residents, increasing traffic congestion motivates many commuters to wish to leave the driving to someone else. In addition, some people are unable or unwilling to drive. Thus, transportation services for hire are necessary. The paper discusses the problems of subsidized municipal transit systems; it discusses alternative, specifically privately owned and operated transit systems.
Reason Foundation3415 S Sepulveda Boulevard, Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA United States 90034
- Poole Jr, R W
- Publication Date: 1983-11
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Paratransit services; Private carriers; Private enterprise; Private transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Private operators
- Subject Areas: Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00623083
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1992 12:00AM