MAGLEV SYSTEM DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS
Although efforts are now being made to develop magnetic levitation technologies in the United States, they have been underway for two decades in Germany and Japan. The characteristics of maglev systems being considered for implementation in the United States are speculative. A conference was held at Argonne National Laboratory on November 28-29, 1990, to discuss thesse characteristics and their implications for the design requirements of operational systems. This paper reviews some of the factors considered during that conference.
- Paper presented at the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Future Transportation Technology Conference, Por tland, OR, 5-8 August, 1991.
Argonne National Laboratory9700 South Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL United States 60439
- COFFEY, H T
- Publication Date: 1991
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Magnetic levitation; Railroad transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Subject Areas: Design; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00623078
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ANL/CP-73909, CONF-9108115-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1992 12:00AM