TRANSPORTATION PLANNING HANDBOOK
The Handbook, a companion publication to ITE's (Institute of Transportation Engineers) Traffic Engineering Handbook, is a handy standalone reference for the transportation professional involved in the broader issues of traffic enigneering and transportation planning. Written for both engineering and planning disciplines, the Handbook provides a practical guide on the following: transportation and society; urban travel characteristics; intercity passenger and freight systems; urban transportation systems; mass transit systems; parking & loading facilities; surface transportation interface area; acitivity center systems; transportation systems management; statewide transportation systems; transportation planning studies; capacity in transportation planning; environmental and energy considerations; financial and economic considerations and regulatory and legal considerations.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1992-4
- Pagination: 513 p.
- TRT Terms: Energy; Environment; Handbooks; Intercity transportation; Laws; Parking; Public transit; Transportation planning; Transportation system management; Urban areas
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00623019
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TB-011
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1992 12:00AM