ALTERNATIVE FUELS FOR CI AND SI ENGINES
Alternative fuels in automotive engines are being explored to address logistic, economics, and environmental goals. These fuels encompass solids, liquids, and gases. SP-900 contains a wide range of information dealing with both the compression-ignition and spark-ignition engines. Partial contents include: Modeling of the Natural Gas Injection Process in a Two-Stroke Diesel Engine; Comparative Analysis of the Exhaust Emissions for Vegetable Oil Based Alternative Fuels; Evaluation of a Passenger Car Equipped with a Direct Injection Neat Methanol Engine; Physical Properties of Emulsion Fuel (Water/Oil Type) and Its Effect on Engine Performance under Transient Operation; Improved Atomization of Methanol for Low Temperature Starting in Spark-Ignition Engines; Research and Development of LNG Vehicle for Practical Use; and A Comparison Between the Combustion of Isooctane, Methanol, and Methane in Pulse Flame Combustors with Closed Loop A/F Control.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1560912170
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Publication Date: 1992
- Pagination: 200 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternate fuels; Compression ignition engines; Environmental impacts; Environmental protection; Spark ignition engines
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00622904
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- ISBN: 1-56091-217-0
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1992 12:00AM