HOLOGRAPHIC VIBRATION ANALYSIS OF ZF BUS GEARS 8 S-180
HOLOGRAFISCHE SCHWINGUNGSANALYSE AN EINEM ZF-BUSGETRIEBE 8 S-180
During run-ups and run-downs the ZF 8 S-180 synchromesh bus gear was found to produce very high gear noise levels at certain operating points. The modes of gear vibration at critical points were represented with the help of holographic vibration analyses. To this end, the gear was put on the gear test stand of Zahnradfabrik Friedrichshafen AG (ZF) to be operated on-load at different speeds and in different gears. Two characteristic gearbox casing vibration modes which depended on operating conditions resulted for the upper and left side, each. Above, there was either one center over the whole area or two centers longitudinally. On the sides, there was one center or two centers below or diagonally opposite each other. There was no clearly detectable correlation between mode of vibration, speed, frequency, gear and push or pull operation.
Karlsruhe UniversityFakultaet fuer Maschinenbau
- Wiesmeier, K
- Publication Date: 1990-2-9
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Gears; Holography; Vibration
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00622777
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1992 12:00AM