NEW TECHNOLOGY OPTIONS FOR TRANSIT IN CALIFORNIA: INTERNAL APPENDIX
This appendix is complementary to the final report, New Technology Options for Transit in California. The purpose of this report is to provide the detailed information gathered during the study. It covers the summary of interview results and workshop output, discussion of transit technologies, and a bibliography of all sources used in this project. The results of the study were derived from an extensive search by the study team of transit technologies around the world and person to person interviews and workshop sessions with over 50 stakeholders from California and elsewhere. The stakeholders represent federal, state, and local transit authorities and operators; regional government planners; academic experts; private sector business people and entrepreneurs; representatives of consumer and environmental groups; representatives of air quality district; local, state, and federal elected representatives; and other research organizations.
Institute for the FutureMenlo Park, CA United States
- Publication Date: 1992-1
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 123 p.
- TRT Terms: Carpools; Guideways; High occupancy vehicles; Intelligent transportation systems; Land use; Railroad transportation; Structural design; Technological innovations; Vanpools
- Uncontrolled Terms: Feeders
- Old TRIS Terms: Guideway design; Land use effects; Minivehicle systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00622764
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: CA/RM-92/03 (App.)
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 30 1992 12:00AM