DEVELOPMENT OF A KIT FOR IMPROVED PERFORMANCE OF THE MOST VEHICLE IN SEVERE COLD ENVIRONMENTS
A kit and methodology to improve severe cold environment performance of the Mobile Over Snow Transport (MOST) system was developed using off-the-shelf items. Together with a literture search and laboratory tests in a cold room of temperature down to -50 deg F, a kit and techniques were developed for cold starting capability. A discussion of several suggestions for preparations of compoonents on the MOST vehicle prior to conducting a mission in severe cold environments is also presented.
Michigan Technological University, HoughtonKeweenaw Research Center
Houghton, MI United States 49931
- OSBORNE, M D
- Publication Date: 1991-4
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Cold starts (Driving); Cold weather; Guides to the literature; Laboratory tests; Literature reviews; Operations; Snowmobiles
- Old TRIS Terms: Cold start
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00622731
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TACOM-TR-13539
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1992 12:00AM