ASSESSMENT OF MINE FILL PROPERTIES - WARREGO MINE, N.T.
This report offers a preliminary appraisal of the material properties of a local fill proposed for use in the Warrego Mine, Northern Territory; and seeks to define significant factors for the stabilization of such fill. Grading, density, additive composition and stability to mine water are considered in relation to strength of the natural and stabilized material. These tests are complemented by model studies which seek to reproduce, on a greatly reduced scale, the filling conditions as given. From the model studies, estimates are made of the role of density, moisture content, segregation and angle of repose (cohesion and friction) in bulk properties of the placed fill. /Author/TRRL/
Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Org314 Albert Street
East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Ingles, O G
- Neil, R C
- Richards, T J
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregate gradation; Density; Embankments; Fills; Grain size (Geology); Materials; Mathematical models; Mines; Moisture content; Soil stabilization; Strength of materials
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models; Particle size distribution; Stabilization
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- Old TRIS Terms: Gradation
- ITRD Terms: 8006: Australia; 5908: Density; 2801: Embankment; 5117: Mine; 5920: Moisture content; 6200: Particle size distribution; 5544: Strength (mater)
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00097777
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Technical Report 19 R&D Rpt.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM