PREVENT BICYCLE ACCIDENTS: A MESSAGE FOR PARENTS
Each year 1200 bicyclists are fatally injured and over 1/2 million bicycle related injuries are treated in hospital emergency rooms. This message for parents provides information on how they can help stop these tragedies. Specific actions suggested include: choosing and wearing bicycle helmets; choosing the right bike; teaching the child to stop and look before entering the road; obeying traffic laws and bicycle rules of the road; and never allowing a child to ride at night or with audio headphones. Also provided is information on the five common bicycle and motor vehicle collisions.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1990-8
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Awareness; Bicycles; Children; Crash causes; Cyclists; Fatalities; Helmets; Injuries; Parents; Prevention; Safety; Traffic safety education
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00622630
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-807 605
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 30 1992 12:00AM