THE FEDERAL TOLL FINANCING PROGRAM IN THE UNITED STATES: A SUMMARY OF TOLL PROVISIONS IN THE INTERMODAL SURFACE TRANSPORTATION EFFICIENCY ACT (ISTEA) OF 1991, P.L. 102-240 AND FEDERAL HIGHWAY ADMINISTRATION GUIDELINES IMPLEMENTING SECTION 1012
For the first time since the start of a national highway program in the United States, Federal funds may be applied to a broad range of toll projects at the state and local level. Federal participation is also permitted for preliminary toll feasibility studies, and for the private development of road projects. This booklet provides a brief summary of the toll provisions in the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA) of 1991, P.L. 102-240, and Federal Highway Administration guidelines for implementing Section 1012.
International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association1146 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC United States 20036-3725
- Publication Date: 1992-5
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Financing; Guidelines; Implementation; Tolls
- Identifier Terms: Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991; U.S. Federal Highway Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Research; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00622621
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1992 12:00AM