EARTHQUAKE RESISTANT CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN. PROCEEDINGS OF AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, BERLIN, 13-16 JUNE 1989
This volume covers the latest developments of research and engineering practice activities in geotechnical earthquake engineering & structural dynamics. The first section is on seismology, amplification site dependent ground response, wave propagation design characteristics and microzonation. The second is on linear and non-linear soil-structure-interaction problems with boundary or finite elements, consistent lumped-parameter model, seismic and vibration isolation and dynamic soil properties. The third section is on seismic design of retaining walls, earthquake resistance of embedded structures, tunnels and pipelines, bridges, tanks, pile groups and dams in seismic regions. The final section covers the seismic damage assessment of buildings, torsional responses of structures, earthquake testing methods and a general presentation of the Eurocode eight.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/9061911613
AA Balkema PublishersOld Post Road
Brookfield, VT United States 05036
- Publication Date: 1991
- Pagination: 616 p.
- TRT Terms: Earthquake resistant design; Earthquake resistant structures; Earthquakes; Properties of materials; Seismology; Soil structure; Soils; Structural design; Structural engineering; Vibration; Wave motion
- Uncontrolled Terms: Soil properties; Structural stability
- Old TRIS Terms: Linear structures; Vibration levels
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls; I42: Soil Mechanics;
- Accession Number: 00622465
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 90-6191-161-3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1992 12:00AM