SUMMARY OF TRAVEL TRENDS: 1990 NATIONWIDE PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION SURVEY
This report is part of a series of products from the 1990 Nationwide Personal Transportation Survey (NPTS). The NPTS dataset contains information about the amount and nature of personal travel in the U.S., as related to the demographics of persons and households. This report highlights the survey results with emphasis on comparing the 1990 data to NPTS data collected in 1969, 1977, and 1983. The report includes topics such as household vehicle availability and use, annual miles per licensed driver, household travel rates, vehicle occupancy, and home-to-work trips. The report also contains a brief look at travel by women and older persons. Each of these topics will be covered more extensively in later reports in this series.
- For more information, contact the Office of Highway Information Management, FHWA, (202) 366-0160, FAX (202) 494-3633. To obtain the public use data file on tape or diskettes, contact the VNTSC, Cambridge, MA, (617) 494-2450, FAX (617) 494-3633.
Oak Ridge National LaboratoryCenter for Transportation Analysis, P.O. Box 2008
Oak Ridge, TN United States 37831
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hu, P S
- Young, J
- Publication Date: 1992-3
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Demographics; Females; Households; Modal split; Travel; Trend (Statistics); Trip purpose; Vehicle miles of travel; Work trips
- Identifier Terms: National Personal Transportation Survey; Nationwide Personal Transportation Survey
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00622400
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-PL-92-027, HS-042 088
- Files: HSL, TRIS, ATRI, USDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1996 12:00AM