MARCONAFLO AND ITS USE IN NEW MINERAL DEVELOPMENTS
The Marconaflo system has been developed to extend the convenience and economics of handling solids in slurry form to the loading and unloading of oceangoing ships. The paper describes some of the commercial Marconaflo systems, both those in operation as well as some in the planning stage. The Marconaflo system is a proven, commercially attractive means of loading and unloading iron ore concentrates, both for interim plant storage and for oceangoing ships. The system will be used with other mineral commodities in the future, particularly in the case of new projects where Marconaflo offers significant economic advantages over the need to install costly conventional storage and cargo handling systems.
- Presented at 73rd Annual Meeting of Canadian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy.
Marcona Corporation1 Maritime Plaza
San Francisco, CA United States 94111
- Fraser, M J
- Connolly, L P
- Publication Date: 1971-4
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Freight transportation; Materials management; Pipelines; Plans (Drawings); Slurry; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo movement; Pipeline description and plans; Slurry handling techniques; Slurry transportation
- Subject Areas: Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00028808
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1973 12:00AM