DEVELOPMENT OF PRISM HEADLAMP
The brightness of a headlamp depends on three factors: bulb, reflector and lens. In the development of the prism headlamp presented here, the improvement of the reflector was attempted because it has a relatively higher degree of freedom in design than the other factors. The reflector was shaped so as to collect as much light as possible from the bulb and was combined with a round shaped prism lens to control the light. As a result, a compact bright and unique-looking upper-beam headlamp, which greatly reflects light forward was developed.
- Included in the Mitsubishi Motors Technical Review, n3 p133-136 1990.
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation5-1 Marunouchi, 2-chome, Chiyoda-ku
Tokyo 100, Japan
- Teraoka, H
- Publication Date: 1990
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Glare; Headlamps; Lenses (Geology); Lighting equipment; Prisms; Reflectorized materials; Vehicle lighting
- Uncontrolled Terms: Light bulbs
- Old TRIS Terms: Lenses, excluding soils
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00619512
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 29 1992 12:00AM