STATE AND LOCAL ISSUES IN TRANSPORTATION OF HAZARDOUS WASTE MATERIALS: TOWARDS A NATIONAL STRATEGY. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON HAZARDOUS MATERIALS, ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI, MAY 14-16, 1990
The princiapl objective of this conference was to enhance the exchange of information concerning effective state and local methods for managing hazardous materials transportation within an evolving national system. To achieve the conference objectives, papers reflecting a wide spectrum of local and state issues in hazardous materials were included in the program. This volume includes copies of the papers presented at the conference. The papers are organized into the following thematical categories: (1) legislative issues; (2) risk perception; (3) database development; (4) risk assessment/routing; and (5) risk management and advanced technologies. A subject index and an author index are provided.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0872627969
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Publication Date: 1990
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 303 p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Databases; Development; Hazardous materials; Highway safety; Legislation; Local government; Management; Risk assessment; Risk management; Routing; State government; Technological innovations; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Risk perception
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00619269
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0-87262-796-9
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 29 1992 12:00AM