COMPUTER ANALYSIS OF THE EFFECTS OF CREEP, SHRINKAGE, AND TEMPERATURE CHANGES ON CONCRETE STRUCTURES
This volume contains papers presented at two technical sessions of the American Concrete Institute (ACI) Convention held February 20-23, 1989, in Atlanta, Georgia. The two sessions were titled "Creep, Shrinkage, and Temperature Change and Their Effects on Concrete Structures -- Computer Analysis". The ten papers are as follows: Long Term Behavior of a Composite Prestressed Concrete Railway Bridge: Part I--Experiment, J.C. Chern and Y.G. Wu; Long Term Behavior of Prestressed and Partially Prestressed Concrete Beams: Experimental and Numerical Results, B. Espion and P. Halleux; Creep Buckling of Uniaxially Loaded Reinforced Concrete Columns, N.C. Mickleborough and R.I. Gilbert; Evaluation of Creep and Shrinkage Deflections of Reinforced Concrete Members in the Current Australian Practice, B.V. Rangan; Creep Effects in Slender Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete Columns, R.I. Gilbert and N.C. Mickleborough; Time-Dependent Deflections of Prestressed Members: Rational and Approximate Methods, A. Aswad; Long Term Behavior of a Composite Prestressed Concrete Railway Bridge: Part II--Constitutive Law and Analysis, J.C. Chern, Y.G. Wu, Y.W. Chan, and T.Y. Chou; Effect of Creep and Shrinkage on the Design of a Nuclear Reactor Containment Building, B.L. Meyers and M.A. Daye; A Step-By-Step Integration Procedure for Computing State of Stress in Prestressed Concrete Pipe, M.S. Zarghamee and W.R. Dana; and Serviceability of Prestressed Composite Members, Y.S. Joo and M.K. Tadros.
Detroit, MI United States 48219
- Publication Date: 1991
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 199 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Bridges; Buckling; Columns; Composite structures; Concrete; Concrete structures; Conferences; Creep; Deflection; Information processing; Prestressed concrete; Prestressing; Railroad bridges; Reinforced concrete; Shrinkage; Structural analysis; Structural mechanics; Temperature; Time duration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Composite bridges; Long term; Structural behavior
- Old TRIS Terms: Concrete creep; Concrete shrinkage
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls;
- Accession Number: 00619225
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ACI SP-129
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 29 1992 12:00AM