GUIDE FOR CONSTRUCTION OF CONCRETE PAVEMENTS AND CONCRETE BASES
This report is intended as a guide for the construction of concrete pavements and concrete bases. References are made to specifications, but only as a guide to enable a selection of requirements suitable for a particular location or class of work. The intended users of this guide are agencies other than state highway departments or turnpike and airfield authorities. The following chapters are included: (1) Introduction; (2) Materials; (3) Sampling and testing of materials for quality assurance; (4) Subgrade or subbase preparation and forms; (5) Installation of joints and reinforcement; (6) Concrete properties and proportions of materials; (7) High-early-strength concrete; (8) Mixing concrete; (9) Placing and finishing concrete; (10) Curing and protecting concrete; (11) Concrete bases to be subsequently covered with a surface course; (12) Cold and hot weather concreting; (13) Miscellaneous; and (14) References.
Detroit, MI United States 48219
- Publication Date: 1991-12
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Building; Cold weather construction; Concrete; Concrete bases; Concrete construction; Concrete curing; Concrete finishing; Concrete forms; Concrete mixing; Concrete pavements; Concrete placing; Facilities; Guides to information; High early strength cement; Hot weather construction; Installation; Joints (Engineering); Materials; Paving; Physical properties; Protection; Quality assurance; Reinforcement (Engineering); Subbase (Pavements); Subgrade (Pavements)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Concrete properties; Subbase
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides; Hot weather concreting; Joint
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Security and Emergencies; I52: Construction of Pavements and Surfacings;
- Accession Number: 00619223
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ACI 325.9R-91
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 29 1992 12:00AM