ARTERIAL SIGNAL TIMING OPTIMIZATION USING PASSER II-90, PROGRAM USER'S MANUAL. FINAL REVISED REPORT
PASSER II-90 microcomputer program version 1.0 has been developed and is now available for public distribution. PASSER II can assist transportation professionals in (1) isolated intersection timing evaluation, (2) progression timing optimization, (3) "existing" timing evaluation, and (4) visualization of the signal timing results. The system contains the latest PASSER II features, advanced 1985 Highway Capacity Manual (HCM) analysis, Expert Systems design, and microcomputer graphics visual simulation. PASSER II-90 can analyze signal operations with "Permitted", "Protected", and permitted/protected or protected/permitted left turn signal treatments. The microcomputer system will be distributed with an intelligent, user-friendly, menu-driven input/output processor with the executable main program, optional help information, dynamic arterial visualization system, and a program user's manual. The program provides enhanced analysis tools, outputs improved signal timing reports, allows the user to modify all embedded data, accepts all existing coded PASSER II, PASSER II-84, or PASSER II-87 data, and allows data file exchange with TRANSYT-7F through the FHWA's new Arterial Analysis Package (AAP). The PASSER II-90 microcomputer traffic engineering package can significantly improve arterial evaluation, signal design, and progression analysis.
- Research study title: Enhancement to PASSER II-84.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Austin, TX United States 78763
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Chang, ECP
- Messer, C J
- Publication Date: 1991-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 110 p.
- TRT Terms: Arterial highways; Computer graphics; Computer programs; Exclusive permissive phasing; Exclusive phasing; Expert systems; Isolated intersections; Left turn phase; Manuals; Microcomputers; Optimization; Permissive phasing; Signalized intersections; Streets; Traffic engineering; Traffic signal timing; Visualization
- Old TRIS Terms: Isolated signalized intersections; Left turn phasing
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00619218
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/TX-90/467-2F, Res Rept 467-2F, TTI: 2-18-86-467
- Contract Numbers: Study 2-18-86-467
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 29 1992 12:00AM