CENTRAL ARTERY (I-93)/TUNNEL (I-90) PROJECT. IN: PREPARING FOR CONSTRUCTION IN THE 21ST CENTURY, PROCEEDINGS OF CONSTRUCTION CONGRESS '91, SPONSORED BY THE AMERICAN SOCIETY OF CIVIL ENGINEERS IN COOPERATION WITH THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF MINING ENGINEERS AND THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION, CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS, APRIL 13-16, 1991
This paper is intended to provide an overview of the Boston Central Artery/Tunnel Project (CA/T) Project; a $4.9 billion USD interstate highway constructed underground through a densely populated urban area. Beyond the technology of design and construction, this project demonstrates the sensitivity to the environment that is essential for any underground development in an urban area.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0872628019
American Society of Civil Engineers345 East 47th Street
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Marshall, D W
- Publication Date: 1991
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction projects; Environment; Interstate transportation; Structural design; Tunneling; Tunnels; Underground structures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Tunnel design
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Highways; Public Transportation; I25: Design of Tunnels;
- Accession Number: 00619079
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0-87262-801-9
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 29 1992 12:00AM