CONSTRUCTION INSPECTION IN SOUTH CAROLINA. IN: PREPARING FOR CONSTRUCTION IN THE 21ST CENTURY, PROCEEDINGS OF CONSTRUCTION CONGRESS '91, SPONSORED BY THE AMERICAN SOCIETY OF CIVIL ENGINEERS IN COOPERATION WITH THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF MINING ENGINEERS AND THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION, CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS, APRIL 13-16, 1991
This paper discusses the experience of the South Carolina Department of Transportation in the use of consulting engineering firms on bridge construction projects. A review of the current management system is provided. The question of who should provide construction inspection services has existed in some form since the beginning of the construction industry. As with other engineering problems, there is not one answer, but there are several solutions which will yield adequate results. This paper presents the experience of one state's transportation department.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0872628019
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Publication Date: 1991
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction projects; Engineering; Inspection; Standards; State departments of transportation
- Geographic Terms: South Carolina
- Old TRIS Terms: Construction inspection; Engineering standards
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Highways; Law; Public Transportation; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00619074
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0-87262-801-9
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 29 1992 12:00AM