RECENT ADVANCES IN INSTRUMENTATION, DATA ACQUISITION AND TESTING IN SOIL DYNAMICS. PROCEEDINGS OF SESSIONS SPONSORED BY THE GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING DIVISION OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY OF CIVIL ENGINEERS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE ASCE CONVENTION, ORLANDO, FLORIDA, OCTOBER 21 1991
The papers are published here that were presented at the technical session at Orlando, Florida. Significant advances have occurred in surface wave investigations, in-situ liquefaction instrumentation and testing, and laboratory wave velocity tests. These sophisticated new techniques will improve the ability of the soil dynamics specialist to predict the dynamic behavior of engineered systems significantly. The papers published here bring out some of the important developments in the data acquisition systems, instrumentation and testing. The following papers were presented: Instrumentation for SASW Testing by N.Gucunski and R.D. Woods; Accuracy and Resolution of Surface Wave Inversion by G.J. Rix and E.A. Leipski; Recent Advances in Cone Penetrometer Measurement (Software and Hardware) and Its Application to Liquefaction Susceptibility by K.K. Muraleetharan, G.R. Martin and L.K. Hekma; In-Situ Calibration of USGS Piezometer Installations by B. Hushmand, R.F. Scott and S.B. Crouse; Electronic Data Acquisition and Analysis for Soil Dynamics Applications by G.W. Blaney; Use of Bender Elements in Soil Dynamics Experiments by P. de Alba and K.C. Baldwin; Multi-Directional Wave Velocity by Piezoelectric Crystals by T.D. Agarwal and I. Ishibashi; and Use of Piezoceramic Bender Elements in Soil Dynamics Testing by W.B. Gohl and W.D.L. Finn.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/O87262854
- Geotechnical Special Publication No. 29.
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Publication Date: 1991
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 136 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending; Cone penetrometers; Data collection; Instrumentation; Laboratory tests; Liquefaction; Piezometers; Rayleigh waves; Soil tests; Soils; Wave motion
- Uncontrolled Terms: Wave velocity
- Old TRIS Terms: Benders
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; I42: Soil Mechanics;
- Accession Number: 00618924
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: O-87262-854
- Report/Paper Numbers: Geotech Sp Pub No 29
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 29 1992 12:00AM