EVALUATION OF BASIC SLURRY PROPERTIES AS DESIGN CRITERIA FOR THE MARCONAFLO SYSTEM
The Marconaflo system is a body of technology comprising specialized equipment and related procedures for handling, storing, loading, transporting and discharging bulk mineral commodities as slurries. Since the system is designed to accomplish specific objectives when dealing with a particular mineral slurry, it is necessary to characterize certain slurry properties to provide design criteria. Bench-scale, pilot-scale and full-scale experiments were employed in developing the system, and routine procedures are now available for pre-design testing.
- Presented at the 70th Annual Meeting of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, Atlantic City, N.J., August 31, 1971.
Marcona Corporation1 Maritime Plaza
San Francisco, CA United States 94111
- Beebe, R R
- Andersen, A K
- Bhasin, A K
- Publication Date: 1971-8
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Materials management; Pipe flow; Slurry; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline flow theory; Slurry handling techniques; Slurry transportation
- Subject Areas: Materials; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00028803
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1974 12:00AM