ICG RESTORES ELASTICITY TO ITS TRACK
Illinois Central Gulf is restoring elasticity and strength to sections of track damaged by the action of heavy high-speed traffic. Upward action of subgrade material reduces ability of ballast to distribute loads, causing deterioration of track quality. Problem is particularly severe on sections with poor drainage and abundance of mud. Three such sections are currently being rehabilitated. ICG is using new machines - Plasser combination undercutter and battast cleaner, and Tamper vibratory crib and shoulder compactor. Results have been good and an added feature is the relatively low cost.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4175009
Murphy-Richter Publishing Company20 North Wacker Driver
Chicago, IL United States 60606
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Maintenance of way; Railroad tracks
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballast cleaning; Track maintenance equipment; Track renewals
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00128841
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian National Railways, Headquarters Library
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 19 1976 12:00AM