FIRE PREVENTION AND CONTROL IN CHEMICAL TANKERS
This paper is intended to show the importance of maintaining a proper balance of fire prevention and control measure between the three main divisions of the ship: the cargo space, the machinery space and accommodation. It is shown how this balance is affected by the properties of the products carried and the need for proper containment is stressed. Examples of measures recommended for various chemicals are detailed, various fire extinguishing systems and their media are described and the importance of adequate training for officers and crew is emphasized.
- Prevention and Control of Fires in Ships, Symp, London, England, June 20, 1972.
Institute of Marine EngineersMemorial Building, 76 Mark Lane
London EC3R 7JN, England
- Roberts, R K
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: p. 12-17
- TRT Terms: Chemical tankers; Fire causes; Fire fighting equipment; Fire prevention; Marine safety; Prevention; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Tanker safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00128723
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 14 1976 12:00AM