ENVIRONMENTAL FACTS ABOUT CALCIUM CHLORIDE
This article answers questions that road officials most frequently ask about calcium chloride's effect upon the environment. The following questions are answered: How does calcium chloride work when mixed with aggregate? Does calcium chloride migrate once it is added to soil? What type of calcium chloride migration is most likely to occur? How large a contributor are deicers to water pollution? What effect does calcium chloride have on a reservoir? What about calcium chloride in drinking water? Is chloride harmful in drinking water? How does calcium chloride affect vegetation? What can I do? What should I do to best use salt? A chart listing relative salt tolerance of trees and ornamentals is included in the article.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1519687
- Publication Date: 1991-6
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Calcium chloride; Deicers (Equipment); Drinking water; Environmental impacts; Reservoirs; Sodium chloride; Sodium chloride; Trees; Vegetation; Water pollution
- Uncontrolled Terms: Deicers
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00610886
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1991 12:00AM