MORE TAXES OR TOLLS?
Responses to a recent survey on toll roads are presented, and readers views on toll road issues, mainly safety, are discussed in this article. Nearly all responses agreed that toll booths do indeed present dangerous situations. Changes in toll booth design are suggested, as well as toll collection locations. The question of reader willingness to pay higher gasoline taxes for new toll-free roads is also discussed.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1991-7
- Pagination: p. 29
- Traffic Safety (Washington)
- Volume: 91
- Issue Number: 4
- Publisher: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Design; Gasoline; Highway safety; Surveys; Taxation; Toll collection; Toll plazas; Toll roads
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities; I80: Accident Studies;
- Accession Number: 00610832
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1991 12:00AM