FORECASTING CIVIL AVIATION ACTIVITY: METHODS AND APPROACHES
In June and September 1990, the Transportation Research Board conducted a series of workshops on methods of forecasting civil aviation activity. Organized at the request of the Federal Aviation Administration, these workshops brought together experts from various sectors of aviation to discuss indicators of fleet activity, modeling and forecasting techniques, and future trends that could affect the demand for aviation facilities and services. The purpose was to examine methods and practices used by FAA and others and to identify ways in which the reliability and utility of forecast products could be improved. Three separate workshops were held, each dealing with a particular sector of civil aviation: business and general aviation, regional and commuter airlines, and major air carriers. This Circular contains the reports prepared from the discussions in the three workshops and two appendices which discuss, respectively, demographic forecasting models and Civil Reserve Air Fleet (CRAF) impacts on commercial aviation.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00978515
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1991-6
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 47 p.
- Transportation Research Circular
- Issue Number: 372
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0097-8515
- TRT Terms: Airlines; Aviation; Businesses; Commuter airlines; Forecasting; General aviation; Mathematical models; Methodology; Regional airlines; Trend (Statistics); Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00610098
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Jun 30 1991 12:00AM