ACCOUSTICAL LAB IS PERIPATETIC VISITOR
The articles in this newsletter which provide information on current activities in the Demonstration Project Program, include reports on Project Nos 32, 1, 12, 34, 33, and 4. Project No. 32 which is intended to help states select noise measuring equipment consistent with their needs, as well as to assist in the national effort to assess the environmental impact of highways involves a visiting mobile (van) acoustical laboratory which houses noise measuring equipment from sound meters to the more sophisticated measuring and recording noise-level systems. A 3- or 4 day workshop is also included. The use of computers and precise measurements upon aerial photographs for the accurate control and orientation of stercoscopic models for mapping is demonstrated in Project No. 19, Aerial analytical Triangulation. Project No. 12 is intended to show highway departments the latest available soils laboratory testing and subsurface investigation equipment and techniques. Project No. 34 will involve the provision of technical assistance in the design, construction and evaluation of a Cathodic protection system, Project No. 33 on Bridge Deck Evaluation Techniques will demonstrate the use of the following evaluation techniques: sampling hardened concrete, chloride analysis, corrosion detection, delamination detection, and concrete cover measurement. Project No. 4, Measurement of Pavement Skid Resistance for Safety and Maintenance Operations, places emphasis on automatic data recording and processing equipment linked with a skid trailer. The project was developed to promote the Highway Safety Program Standard 12 which requires a program to correct low skid resistance on streets and highways.
- Region 15 Demonstration Projects.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 4 p.
- Federal Highway Administration Newsletter
- Issue Number: 1
- Publisher: Federal Highway Administration
- TRT Terms: Automation; Bridge decks; Cathodic protection; Data collection; Demonstration projects; Evaluation; Geological surveying; Mapping; Mathematical models; Measuring instruments; Noise; Skid resistance; Skid trailers; Soil tests; Technical assistance; Triangulation; Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aerial triangulation; Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Data recording; Subsurface explorations
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00128658
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM