RESIDENTIAL TRANSPORTATION ENERGY CONSUMPTION SURVEY, 1988 (ASCII VERSION)(FOR MICROCOMPUTERS)
The diskettes contain data based on household telephone interviews from 1988 Residential Transportation Energy Consumption Survey (RTECS). The survey was taken from a subsample of respondents to the 1987 Residential Energy Consumption Survey (RECS). The RTECS was designed to provide information on actual vehicle miles traveled (VMT) for each personal vehicle in the household by obtaining the odometer reading at two points in time. Vehicle characteristic information for each vehicle was collected directly from the respondent and also from a decoded Vehicle Information Number (VIN). Vehicle Fuel Efficiencies, provided in miles per gallon (MPG), and vehicle fuel consumption and expenditures were estimated. Data included are: Number and type of vehicle; vehicle characteristics, per household and per type VMT; motor fuel consumption and expenditures; and vehicle fuel efficiencies.
- 1 diskette DOE/DF/DK-91/022; System: IBM PC compatible; MS DOS 3.3 operating system. See also PB90-501461, PB87-186540, and PB85-221760. Other formats available as PB91-507277 (dBase III). The datafile is contained on one 1.2M, 5 1/4 inch diskette, high density.
Department of EnergyEnergy Information Administration, 1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20585
- Publication Date: 1988
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Energy consumption; Fuel conservation; Fuel consumption; Households; Surveys; Vehicle characteristics; Vehicle miles of travel
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mileage
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00615847
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOE/DF/DK-91/022
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1991 12:00AM