TRAFFIC SAFETY THEORY AND RESEARCH METHODS. SESSION 5: TIME DEPENDENT MODELS. PROCEEDINGS OF THE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM COMMEMORATING THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE INSTITUTE FOR ROAD SAFETY RESEARCH SWOV, AMSTERDAM, 26-28 APRIL 1988
Contents: Macroscopic Models for Traffic and Traffic Safety (summary), S Oppe, M Koornstra and B Roszbach; Flow Optimization with Traffic Safety Constraints, A Marin and P Pablos; State Space Models in Road Safety Research, F Bijleveld, S Oppe and F Poppe; Computer Simulation of Crash Dynamics, J Wismans, P de Coo, C Huyskens and T Heijer; Evaluation Methods for Traffic Safety Aspects of New Technologies in Vehicles, BC Farber, BA Farber and M Popp; Research Methodology to Assess the Importance of Peripheral Visual Detection at Night, HT Zwahlen; Sign Luminance as a Methodology for Matching Driver Needs, Roadway Variables and Traffic Signing Materials, RL Erickson and HL Woltman; Method Floating Car: A Research Method to Study the Speed-Behaviour and Routes of Car Drivers in Residential Areas, MG Bakker; A New Method for Traffic Safety Research on Driver Distraction, G Blikman; Simulation of Casualties in Person Transport Systems, A Forsstrom.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- Publication Date: 1988
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Crash injury research; Crashes; Evaluation; Luminous intensity; Materials; Mathematical models; Methodology; Night vision; Optimization; Peripheral vision; Research; Simulation; Technological innovations; Traffic flow; Traffic safety; Traffic signs; Traffic simulation; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Macro-models
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic sign materials
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00611072
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-041 032
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1991 12:00AM