VEHICLE-PAVEMENT INTERACTION STUDY
This final report describes methods, procedures, and results of a study commenced in September 1959. Investigations were made in the laboratory on selected pavement surfaces, measurements were made on pavement surfaces on Texas highways and on control surfaces constructed at the Texas A&M Research Annex. The effect of rainfall was examined and an equation was developed to relate water depth to other variables. Finally, an expression was developed relating pavement characteristics, water depth, vehicle speed, and tire tread depth to skid or friction number. /FHWA/
- Prepared in cooperation with FHWA.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
- Olson, R M
- JOHNSON, J H
- Gallaway, B M
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Depth; Measurement; Methodology; Pavements; Rainfall; Rolling contact; Skid resistance; Surface course (Pavements); Texture
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00097662
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Res. Report 138-7F Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: Study 2-8-69-138
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM