PROCEEDINGS OF THE 1987 MID-YEAR MEETING OF THE LANDSCAPE AND ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN COMMITTEE (A2A05) OF THE TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH BOARD, HILTON SHANTY CREEK, BELLAIRE, MICHIGAN, AUGUST 2-5, 1987
This publication contains the proceedings of the 1987 Mid-Year Meeting of the Transportation Research Board's Landscape and Environmental Design Committee. The contents are organized as follows: Conference Program; TRB Organization and Scope of Committee; Committee Members; Meeting Participants; and presentations. The presentations, arranged by topic, are as follows: (1) Roadsides (L. Wood, Moderator): Welcome Centers Sell Your State, C. Sweet; Highway Landscape Maintenance Water Conservation, E. L. Brady; Highway Planting/Cost Sharing, E.N. Kress; Rhode Island's Landscape Maintenance Problems, B. Petrarca; Vehicle/Tree Accident Risk and Management of Roadside Trees, A.J. Ziegler; (2) Historic/Scenic/Environmental (D. Fasser, Moderator): Federal Aid Highway Act of 1987, Historic Bridges and Wildflowers, E. Johnson; Historic Bridges in Michigan, A Legacy, P. McAllister; Remedial Treatment for Ground Water Contaminated by Salt, J. Gruspier; (3) Visual Considerations (R. Lee, Moderator): Development of Aesthetic Evaluation Procedures for the U.S. Corps of Engineers, R.C. Smardon; Bridge Aesthetics Bibliography, M.P. Burke, Jr.; Identifying, Measuring and Evaluating the Benefits of Safety Rest Areas, NCHRP Project 2-15, G.F. King; An Image Renaissance for I-94 in Detroit, M.J. Wickens; I-696 Visual Improvement Design Study, W.H. McGibbon; Reminiscing Past A2A05 Mid-Year Meetings, W.A. Schmitz.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1987
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 166 p.
- TRT Terms: Aesthetics; Bridges; Conferences; Contaminants; Cost sharing; Environmental design; Groundwater; Historic sites; Information services; Landscape design; Landscape maintenance; Planting; Roadside; Roadside rest areas; Structures; Trees; Visual perception; Water conservation; Wildflowers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Contamination; Remediation; Visual impact
- Old TRIS Terms: Information centers; Surface transp & uniform relocation assist act1987
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Environment; Highways; History; Terminals and Facilities; I20: Design and Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00616566
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Nov 30 1991 12:00AM